A municipal park catered to philosophy enthusiasts
Opening Hours 1 March – 30 June: 8am – 6pm; 1 July – 31 August: 7am – 6pm; 1 – 30 September: 8am – 6pm ; 1 October – 30 November: 9am – 5pm; 1 December – 29 February: 9am – 5pm (park is closed 29 – 31 December)
Meiji-era philosopher Enryo Inoue founded this park in 1904 as a sanctuary for self-cultivation. The Shiseido building is dedicated to Confucius, the Buddha, Kant and Socrates, and was originally known as the Tetsugakudo (House of Philosophy), thus providing the park’s name. The various buildings and sculptures are all physical manifestations of the spirit world, inviting visitors to embark on a journey of enlightenment and discovery.
Transport 12-minute walk from the North Exit of Araiyakushi-mae Station on the Seibu Shinjuku Line
Built in 1920, this shrine is dedicated to Emperor Meiji and his wife, Empress Shōken...
1-1 Yoyogi-Kamizonochō, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-8857 Right outside the South Exit of Harajuku Station (JR Yamanote Line)
Subscribe and enjoy our member benefits!
It’s truly an honor to launch and manage Tokyo.com. This portal is very special to us as it is our first attempt to create a city guide that not only covers the very essence of Tokyo but also becomes a helpful guide to those visiting this great city. We sincerely hope this portal becomes everyone’s essential tool when planning to visit or are in fact in the city wanting to know what where and how regarding everything that Tokyo can offer ... Read more